CalOSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant
EPA AHERA Accredited:
State of Hawaii Asbestos Certification
State of Nevada Asbestos Certification
CDPH Certified Lead Inspector/Assessor
(CDPH I/A) #1213
8-Hour Biennial Refreshers
80-Hour Hazwoper Supervisor
8-Hour OSHA Hazwoper Annual Refreshers
Cory has over 30 years of professional experience in multi-disciplinary environmental and industrial hygiene assessments. He has specific abatement project experience in the removal of over 1,000 industrial, public and commercial projects. Over his career he has gained specific expertise in indoor environmental issues including asbestos management, indoor air quality assessment, lead hazard risk assessment, methamphetamine, mold, soil sampling and the management of hazardous materials abatement projects.
With his broad based experience in project management and environmental projects, Mr. Suppes brings solid success in managing relations, diplomacy and assuring full compliance with regulatory agencies. His particularly strong record in the areas of efficiency, productivity and profitability along with engineering, analytical and administrative skills help facilitate any environmental project to successful completion.
Founded in August 2015, I begin this journey as an independent consultant for asbestos, IAQ, industrial hygiene, lead, meth, mold, noise, PCBs, radon, silica – survey, sampling, report generation, specifications and project oversight. After almost 30 years in the business, it was time to do this for myself. My diverse expertise in the environmental sciences allows me to provide comprehensive environmental services to my clients from initial investigation and testing through remediation design and specifications, contractor oversight and management, final clearance, and project closure. I am committed to providing quality field services for private and publicly owned facilities of all sizes.
I can help you manage your environmental, health and safety concerns in a timely and cost effective manner. Utilizing my experience, state-of-the-art equipment and extensive quality control programs, I can efficiently meet your objectives for regulatory compliance. But perhaps more importantly than merely following regulations, I help to ensure the safety of employees, building occupants and neighbors.
The environmental regulatory landscape is always changing with public and political attitudes. I make a point of staying up to date on the newest environmental issues and regulations, so you can spend your time more productively.
At CMS Environmental Services, your environmental, health, and safety concerns are my concerns. I will work with you to comprehensively solve your unique needs. I’ve provided these same services for hundreds of California companies as well as for many Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States.
As I continue to grow this company, the variety of environmental services I provide expands also. I hope that I will get the opportunity to serve you soon!
I understand the problems asbestos-related situations can present to facility owners and managers. So I employ a phased approach to help you prioritize your tasks — and minimize your costs.
Due to the latency period of asbestos-related disease, and as required by law, I will maintain all asbestos project documents for a period of thirty (30) years. Additionally, I advise our clients to maintain their reports
• Preliminary Site Surveys to determine the existence of asbestos
• AHERA inspections at educational institutions and public buildings
• Risk assessment and recommendations, based on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements for asbestos
• Explanation of alternative methods for managing asbestos in place, if possible
• Development and implementation of property-specific operations and maintenance plans
• Specifications, bid package and contractor selection assistance
• Abatement management, including air quality monitoring, contractor supervision, baseline and final air clearance, area release documentation
• In-house NIOSH 582 Reader
In order to address lead-based paint and its adverse effects on our nation’s housing, the Housing and Community Development Act was signed into law on October 28, 1992. Title X of this bill, the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act, provided a comprehensive approach to deal with the problem.
The new standards proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency apply specifically to the rule’s mention of lead-based paint activity. In the detection of lead-based paint, and the management of its alleviation, we adhere strictly to the highest possible standards.
Commercial buildings and superstructures:
• Identification of the existence and location of lead-based paint
• Development of removal specifications and work plans
• Contractor supervision
• Abatement monitoring & Clearance
• Target housing and public buildings:
• Inspection of the facility
• Identifying the presence of lead-based paint
• Risk assessment
• Abatement monitoring
• Individuals engaged in the performance of these activities are trained appropriately for their job category:
• Inspections using direct reading X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
• Lead in water sampling
EPA, OSHA, NIOSH and other occupational health related associations in the U.S. have not established permissible exposure levels (PEL), recommended exposure limits (REL), or other limit values for aeroallergens. Those requiring expert advisement should retain the services of a professional IAQ consultant such as myself.
CMS Environmental Services provides professional consultation for:
• Residential properties
• Commercial properties
• Government Facilities
• Industrial/Business settings
I also provide reports to suit specific needs, including:
• Employee complaints
• Pre-transaction disclosures
• Insurance claims
• Fire damage restorations and Water leak/ intrusion restorations
• Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Assessments to include CO, CO2, Relative Humidity, Temperature, VOCs, PM1 PM2.5 PM10
• Industrial Hygiene Services
• Legionella & Other Bacteria Testing
• Methamphetamine Testing and Clearances
• NIOSH 500/600 Dust Sampling
• Occupational Noise Sampling
• PCB Sampling, Monitoring & Clearances
• Radon Assessments
• Sewage Screens (eColi)
• Silica Sampling, Monitoring & Clearances